Owing the IRS money is not the end of the world.
Millions of taxpayers just like you have walked away from millions of dollars in taxes, penalties and interest – and in every case they did so legally and ethically.
When you owe the IRS money, there are many possible ways to resolve your problem. But, the reality is …any solution will include at least one of the following six options:
- Pay the IRS the total amount owed.
- Reduce the total amount you owe.
- Discharge some of your tax obligations in Bankruptcy.
- Negotiate a repayment schedule.
- Have your taxes deemed un-collectible.
- Keep doing nothing and let the IRS have their way with you, your income, your family and your assets.
Most taxpayers can fit into one of these 6 options. It’s completely up to you which way to go! But… if it feels overwhelming to try to figure out all of this on your own, call my office for a consultation.