To help relive the financial stress of the furloughed employees, some businesses are offering discounts while some are giving away services or products for free! Here is a list of the companies offering help to the government employees during this time of need.
- Navy Federal Credit Union – Government shutdown interest free loan program – Get an application here
- TD Bank – deferring payments
- Amarillo National Bank – deferring payments
- AT&T – “We’re here to help ease the burden of trying to pay bills on time during the shutdown. As long as the shutdown is in effect, our customer service team will adjust late fees, provide extensions, and coordinate with you on revised payment schedules.” – AT&T website
- Verizon – Waiving fees – Verizon website
- Sprint – Working with customers to find a payment option that fits their needs at this time. – Sprint website
- T-Mobile – Offering flexible payments with deferral options – T-Mobile website
- GEICO – Offering billing options – GEICO website
Restaurants Offering Discounts
- Fazoli’s – Free Pizza Baked Spaghetti
- Kings Dining & Entertainment – Two free games and shoes Monday through Thursday – Kings website
Check your area for more local offers for furloughed employees.